Monday, April 8, 2013

Locked away for 40 years

A man has been wrongly convicted of arson in a fire that killed 29 people after spending 40 years in prison. If I was this man, I probably wouldn't be very happy with the people who put me in jail. In this artical, it says, "Forensic experts now say they can no longer determine whether someone set the hotel fire on that cool winter day in 1970." These "experts" should've looked more into this case to try to figure out who actually committed the crime. This man's life was ruined because someone didnt do their job well enough, and he'll never get those 40 years back. At the same time, when this did happen, it was in the 70s and they didn't have the same technology as we do now. If I was this man, I would also be very happy and he is. I the artical it says, "Taylor spoke briefly to reporters after he traded his orange prison garb for a T-shirt and slacks and walked out of prison, saying, 'It feels good to feel Mother Earth beneath my feet -- free Mother Earth.'" Being cooped up in a stone building for 40 years for a crime you didn't commit would be terrible, and the feeling of being free again would be the best feeling in the world. Though 40 years of my life would be wasted, and I probably wouldn't be able to get a job or start a family, and I would have many emotional scars, I would still be free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment