Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Girl, four, dies after rape in India

A four year old girl has been raped and later died in a hospital in India because of cardiac arrest. This interests me because I have two younger siblings who are close that age, and if somebody would've sexually assaulted one of them and caused them to die, I would do everything I could to make sure that person was dead, or locked up forever. "We hope from the administration, the police, and the court that a fast track court will hear the cast and that the accused will be given the death sentence," says one of the four year old's relatives. I agree with this person and, in this situation, I would do the same thing. This article also says,"It is the latest in a number of assaults that caused outrage and raised question about how women and girls are treated in India." This is another reason I relate to this. I'm a girl and I believe women and men should be treated equally. It seems that, in India, people aren't making a big deal out of it because the child that died was a girl. I totally disagree with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment